Longboard Shop: Top Longboards Sold Across the USA
Rip City Skate is a premium long board store in Portland, Oregon.
Founded in 2009, we sell longboards in store and nationwide through our online longboarding store. We have a local team of riders who are key players in the long board community of the area and have considerable knowledge about our diverse collection of longboards, parts and accessories that meet the needs of long board riders of all ages and levels. Improve as a long board rider with our longboards store!
We've built our reputation as a top longboard shop in the USA.
Rip City Skate is your choice for everything long boards because we...
- Offer free shipping available for any order over $70.
- Sell a massive selection of completes, boards, trucks, wheels, protective gear, apparel and other longboarding accessories at the longboard store.
- Play an active role in the long board community in Oregon, hosting longboarding events, staying up to date with the world of longboarding and keeping customers in the know.
- Have a longboards shop managed by experienced longboarders who can provide you with extensive assistance regarding your long board purchase.
- Support the growing Portland longboarding scene by selling local brands and manufacturers.
- Provide excellent service to customers, skaters and longboarders online and in person, sharing consistently reliable advice on all products.
Longboard Brands We Carry:
Longboards are long skateboards perfect for cruising, racing, sliding and riding downhill.
The staff at our longboards shop can share their knowledge and expertise about long boards, but here are the basics:
- Longboards you'll find at our longboard shop are typically 36 inches in length or longer.
- A long board that is further away from the ground is best for carving or riding downhill in an "S" path to control speed such as in snowboarding and surfing, whereas long boards closer to the ground are more stable and better for downhill racing.
- A reputable longboard store will provide a variety of long board shapes and sizes for different practices and preferences.
- You can purchase a complete long board or customize longboards by choosing different trucks (a component that connects the wheels to the long board), wheels, and other parts and accessories at the longboarding shop.
Buy longboards, parts and accessories at Rip City Skate:
- Longboard Boards
Here, you have the option of purchasing a board (otherwise known as a deck) by itself, so you can customize each long board part, or purchasing a complete board that's fully equipped and ready to go.
- Longboard Trucks
Longboard shops allow you to choose from different brands of trucks, which are T-shaped metal pieces that connect two long board wheels to the board. Two trucks are needed for the front and back of the long board.
- Longboard Wheels
Wheels sold at long board stores are typically larger than skateboard wheels, and come in various sizes and levels of hardness. Larger wheels are generally faster and less affected by the condition of the road.
- Longboard Accessories
A longboard shop will provide a variety of choices when it comes to longboard parts such as bearings (metal rings that connect a long board wheel to its axle), bushings (truck cushions that affect turning), hardware (bolts and locknuts to attach trucks), risers (to separate the truck and board) and grip tape (for the longboard surface).
- Longboard Protective Gear
All longboarders minimally use helmets and slide gloves with discs attached to the palm, so hands can be used to turn. Many long board stores such as Rip City Skate also sell wrist guards, elbow pads and knee pads.
- Longboard Apparel and Shoes
As a top longboard store, there are Rip City Skate shirts and tops as well as varied brands of sunglasses, caps and sneakers in style with riders and within the longboarding community.
- Rip City Skate Gift Certificates
The ideal gift for any season of the year, gift certificates for Rip City Skate's longboarding shop are offered in different denominations with in-store and online alternatives.